Following the conclusion of preliminary competitions on Friday, Semifinalist bands will be determined.
Semifinalists are based on the following criteria:
- Bands are scored by alternating judging panels. The top 11 scoring bands from Panel 1 and the top 11 scoring bands from Panel 2 advance to semifinals.
- The next 8 bands, regardless of panel, advance to semifinals.
- Additional bands, beyond those 30, are class representation advancers. Class advancement requires two bands from each class (1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A), and each judging panel (for a total of four) to be represented in semifinals.
Semifinals Performance Order:
- The first bands to perform will be those bands that are “the next 8” bands, outside of the top 22.
- The rest of the bands then perform based on a random draw based on score, regardless of panel.
- The top 22 bands, regardless of panel, will be the middle 22 bands of the day.
- The last bands to perform, after the top 22, will be those bands that advanced based on class representation.
- During awards, the top three bands in each Class (1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A) will be announced as well as caption awards for music, visual, and GE in each class.
- The top 12 bands advance to finals.
- Should a class champion band not advance to finals, they will be invited to perform in exhibition during the finals contest.